Cerebral palsy is arguably the most well-known and serious type of birth injury. Other types of birth injuries include:
- Lacerations and bruising caused by the use of forceps to aid in delivery
- Facial paralysis caused by excessive pressure to the skull
- Paralysis of the shoulders and arms (known as brachial plexus palsy)
- Fractures of the clavicle, collar bone, and other bones
- Caput succedaneum, or the swelling and bruising of a newborns head
- Cephalohematoma, or internal bleeding in the head
At Melrose, Seago & Lay in North Carolina, a skilled birth injury and cerebral palsy lawyer can help you achieve justice for your misfortune. Medical professionals need to be held accountable for their actions; our team has the compassion and the legal expertise necessary to see that they are. If you have been the victim of medical negligence, don't hesitate to contact a cerebral palsy and birth injury lawyer for the aggressive legal representation you need.